Sunday, May 24, 2009

The low point-2

Huh..Atlast, we have started it out...I mean writing this blog...When we are stuck...and lost in the wilderness of 3D , non-linear optimization and the unknown "desert"--the only thing we see on the horizon....We are slowed down, beaten to our worst (so far...), and most importantly caught off-guard when we least expected it....The best part is that ..it's not the first time....So "HOPE" still reigns...


Our ( I should rather say MY) last mistake was soo dumb..that I at-last learned the meaning of "const" keyword in parameter passing in C...This singular(not-matrix) mistake has taken down a week and we were almost at the brink of giving up...But then came a ray of hope...and lots of energy as we found this bug while trying to fix something else...I guess this happens all the time in s/w engineering...


In spite of the lull-mood, after a weekend of frustration, rethinking , lot of movies and 14 hrs straight sleep to get to a better mood, I guess I am successful in beating the Satan within......The thoughts of Phd, the worries and fears of joining Yahoo, and the most important--the sadness ( of not being able to accomplish what I came here for..in spite of all that IISc offered me...gr8 environment and a gr8 team.....) have been with me for the past 2 days..But I successfully got rid of them wid lots of ice-cream, gr8 sleep and lot of rethinking of the "PURPOSE"........


After a few talks wid Sai, I feel that "to accomplish great deeds, we need to withstand pressures orders of magnitude more than this, we need to innovate exponentially more than this, and we need to keep focus what ever comes...".I feel the journey is just getting started...I am glad to put the first post at the lull-momemt....'Coz thats when we mostly will have time to type-down...haha...

After a few weeks( I guess effectively 10 weeks) of work, I feel this is no way proportional to our vision.of adding the next dimension...If we get to the solution now., would have nothing thrilling in this journey..I guess these tougher moments will be the best when we look back on this journey...as it always has been till now for me..I guess reaching the end is a long-drawn process with many more moments like these...

I wish we have many more "abysmally" low points like this and worse.....a few moments of laugh and infinite optimism.....but at the end have the VISION fulfilled....thats what makes this journey enjoyable...

I guess the roller-coaster ride has just begun.....With us at the low now....trying to get back to the top.....

No comments:

Post a Comment